When not in the office for a certain amount of time it is advisable to set an out of office reply so that colleagues and other contacts are informed of the dates and the duration of the absence period.
- Click the Messages tab on the main page of Imagine Virtual Portal (IVP, formerly SIS).
- Click Out of Office on the left-hand menu.
- Compose the message that will be the automatic reply for any incoming messages. For examples of templates to use when creating an automatic out of office reply, click here.
- Select the start and end dates when the Out of Office message will be active and check Enable Out of Office.
- Click Save.
- A reminder is displayed on the Messages tab to confirm that Out of Office is enabled.
- Upon returning to the office, remember to uncheck the Enable Out of Office box.