Educators can use this page to learn about the roles and permissions available within the Buzz system.
- Administrator: This is a domain role that gives a user all available permissions within all levels (Domains, Users, Courses, Enrollments, and Objectives).
- Teacher: This is a course role with the same permissions as the Owner, except they cannot delete the course or enroll users. Course-level permissions include: Read, Read Full, Edit, View Gradebook, Setup Gradebook, Grade Assessments, Grade Assignments, Grade Discussions, and Submit Final Grades.
- Student: This is a course role with Read and Participate permissions, basically, allowing the user to take the course.
The available permissions in Buzz fall under five different categories. These categories represent the component for which the permission grants privilege.
Creating custom roles requires granting a combination of these permissions; you can edit these permissions sets after creation, but be aware that doing so changes permissions for all users assigned that role.
- Domain Permissions (In order for a user to employ domain role permissions, they must be granted from the Permissions screen in the Domain tool.)
- Owner: Grant, revoke, modify domain permissions for a user.
- Create: Create domains and subdomains.
- Read: Access the Admin App (this is the only permission that grants this access). Access (read) domain and subdomain information including subscriptions, roles, and settings.
- Edit: Make changes to domains and subdomains, including subscriptions, roles and settings.
- Delete: Delete domains and subdomains (including the domain they exist in)
- Post Announcement: Post announcements to the domain.
- Report: Run reports using domain data
- Manage Subscriptions: Manage domain subscriptions
- User Permissions (In order for a user to employ domain role permissions, they must be granted from the Permissions screen in the Domain tool.)
- Owner: Assign rights and subscriptions to domain users.
- Create: Create domain users, but cannot manage permissions.
- Read: Access the domain user information.
- Edit: Make changes to domain user information (first name, last name) and change password. Cannot edit permissions or username
- Delete: Delete domain users.
- Proxy: Sign in and make changes as another domain user.
- Report: Run reports using domain user data.
- Courses Permissions (In order for a user to employ domain role permissions, they must be granted from the Permissions screen in the Domain tool.)
- Read: Access (read) specified courses in the domain.
- Participate: Complete activities in specified courses; this permissions in only available for student users.
- Owner: Grant rights to specified courses.
- Create: Create courses in the domain.
- Read Full: Access (read) all course content data in the domain, including assessment questions and hidden-from-student content, regardless of their other enrollment rights in the course.
- Edit: Make changes to specified courses
- Delete: Delete specified courses
- Report: Run reports using specified course data.
- View Gradebook: Access specified course Gradebooks.
- Setup Gradebook: Setup specified course Gradebooks and make changes to their settings (grading schemes, grade scales, item weight, etc.) in Activity Data and Course Data.
- Grade Assessments: Grade assessments in specified courses.
- Grade Assignments: Grade assignments in specified courses.
- Grade Discussions: Grade discussion activities in specified courses.
- Submit Final Grades: Submit final grades for specified courses and their grading periods.
- Enrollments Permissions (In order for a user to employ domain role permissions, they must be granted from the Permissions screen in the Domain tool.)
- Owner: Grant and revoke specified enrollment rights.
- Read: Access data, including grades, that is associated with the specified enrollments.
- Objectives Permissions (In order for a user to employ domain role permissions, they must be granted from the Permissions screen in the Domain tool)
- Read: Access objectives and objective maps from specified objectives sets.
- Edit: Make changes (add, update or delete) to objective maps from specified objective sets.
|Submit Final Grades||X||X||X||X||X|