Teachers, Mentors, and Program Leads can create and save customized templates for communicating with students in the Imagine Learning Virtual Portal (ILVP). Examples include:
- Variations of the Welcome Letter
- Email providing student login credentials and video of How-To Guide
Imagine Learning teachers: Templates should not take the place of personalized communication.
- On the My Dashboard tab, on the left navigation, click User Templates.
- Click Add Template.
- On the Template Details screen, in the Type drop-down list, select the applicable type.
Select Enrollments as the template type because this type is accessible from the widest variety of tabs.
- In the Name field, enter the name of your template.
Add your name or initials to the template to make it easier to find in the templates list.
- In the Description field, enter a description of your template.
The email recipient will not see the description.
- In the Subject of the email, enter an eye-catching subject line.
- If desired, select variables from the Select variable drop-down list.
For information about variables, reference Using Bulk Email Variables in ILVP.
- In the body of the email, type the message.
You can use HTML code in the body. To do this, click the HTML button at the bottom of the template. Copy and paste the HTML code into the body field. This allows you to include embedded images and videos. Any inserted variables must exactly match the variables selected from the Select variable drop-down menu to ensure the accuracy of your data.
- Click Save.
The template can now be selected from the Templates drop-down list when you are creating a new email.